Just Talk Herts Encouraging Hertfordshire’s young people to show strength through talking about their mental health.
Kooth.com Children and young people in Hertfordshire can get free online emotional and mental health support using the Kooth website. If you are aged between 10 and 25 and registered with a Hertfordshire GP surgery, you can sign up, choose an avatar (an online character) to represent you anonymously and have an online chat with a counsellor or therapist.
Visit Healthy Young Minds in Herts for information about emotional health and well-being support available to young people in Hertfordshire.
Youth Talk is a confidential counselling service based in St Albans
MindinMidHerts supports individuals who are suffering or who have suffered from mental and emotional distress.
Samaritans are someone to talk to 24/7, 365 days a year call 116 123
Childline is a confidential service for young people up to the age of 19. You can contact a ChildLine counsellor about anything - no problem is too big or too small. Call 0800 1111.
CALM – for men aged 15+ 0800 585 858
If a friend or family member has passed away
Sobs – Survivors of bereavement from suicide – 0300111 5065
Winston's Wish – The UK’s childhood bereavement charity – supporting bereaved children. Call: 08452 030405
The compassionate friends – 0800 282 986
Cruse – 0844 477 9400
Papyrus Are you a young person thinking about suicide, or concerned about a young person? Contact Papyrus. Their helpline is called HOPELine UK. Call: 0800 068 4141, Mon-Fri: 10am-5pm & 7pm-10pm, weekends: 2pm-5pm. Papyrus is a national charity dedicated to the prevention of young suicide in the UK.
Stay Alive...click to download a great app to help you Stay Alive
The OLLIE Foundation (One Life Lost is Enough) is a registered charity funding suicide prevention skills training for any individual or community that wants it, especially those interacting with young people, or young people themselves.
Other useful links
- Getconnected.org.uk Has information on and support for a huge range of common issues such as depression and eating disorders.
- Mind.org.uk MIND has an online IM service and helpline including for those who need urgent help.
- Mencap St Albans Mencap is an organisation for those with learning disabilities
- Videos for young people on NHS website A collection of videos about different mental health conditions and the help and support available, plus advice on coping with life events and how lifestyle can impact mental health.
- Young Minds
- Teen Weightwise (healthy eating)